3.14.2012

happy pi day!

Happy Pi day! And, if you are extra nerdy, you will also know today is Einstein's birthday!

Here's how I celebrated today:


I memorized the number pi to 12 decimal places (3.141592653589). 

I made a peanut butter pie from this recipe on Allrecipes.com - a picture of the final result is below. 


I read up on pi - here are some interesting articles on the details of pi. Did you know that its decimal places stretch on forever? So far, it's been calculated to over 10 trillion digits, but it's still going. 
More about pi:
Peanut Butter Pi Pie
Other fun pi-related sites:
Apple Pi (so cool!)

Maybe next year I'll write a "piem."

And let us not forget good old Albert Einstein. Here are some of my favorite quotes of his (from BrainyQuote):

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted."

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Happy Pi Day!

1 comment: